Premade and Custom Book Cover Design
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are included with every invoice. Payment constitutes agreement to these terms and conditions.
- The client acknowledges he/she owns the copyright and holds the necessary publishing rights for the materials to be used in any projects that will include designs created by DarnGoodCovers.com.
- Client agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless DarnGoodCovers.com from any and all copyright and permission infringement action resulting from materials Client provides.
All client information and materials are considered confidential and only for use by DarnGoodCovers.com to provide a quote or complete a project. Client information and project materials will not be given out or shared with any third party, unless otherwise requested by the client.
- Upon receipt of final payment, the Client has limited, non-transferable rights to use design for intended ebook and print book.
- Artwork and design may not be sold, reused, or used out of context.
- Unaltered, finished book cover design may be used/included on promotional merchandise, provided the usage is in accordance with the rights and limitations of the licensing agreement of the stock image provider(s). Please read below for more information regarding licensing.
- DarnGoodCovers.com maintains full rights and ownership of all original artwork and cover design.
- The client understands that he/she has no right to alter the final cover design in any way except to change size for printing or digital display. If the client desires any alterations, he/she must consult DarnGoodCovers.com. The client understands that additional payments may be required to make these alterations.
- The client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by DarnGoodCovers.com through a third-party image provider for use in client’s book cover design. The cost of cover design includes the standard license to use these images in the design and is limited to a print run of 250,000 – 500,000 units, depending on the provider. For books with a print run over these limits, additional licensing fees may apply. Client is responsible for educating themselves of the licensing terms for third-party images providers. Links to providers available upon request.
- Custom cover design package prices include the cost of standard stock images from websites such as Depositphotos and Adobe Stock. Premium stock images and extended licenses are not included in package prices. Client is responsible for the cost of premium stock images and/or extended licenses.
- Images used for client’s cover are royalty-free; however, the photographer owns the copyright to those photographs and they cannot be distributed in any manner other than in the book cover design.
- DarnGoodCovers.com retains the right to use client’s final book cover design, name, and book title in the website’s portfolio and to market and promote its services. DarnGoodCovers.com retains copyright and ownership of all design and draft materials.
DarnGoodCovers.com does not require cover design credit in client’s book (digital and print). If client chooses to include attribution, it should be included as: “Cover design by DarnGoodCovers.com”
Client is responsible for proofing the book cover design provided by DarnGoodCovers.com. At no time will DarnGoodCovers.com be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by client as a result of using the book cover design.
Payment & Delivery
- For premade book cover designs: Premade book cover designs must be paid for in full before revisions will be made. Payments can be made through Paypal or other payment processors available through the DarnGoodCovers.com website.
- For custom book cover designs: A downpayment fee is required upon commission of an original design, payable via Paypal or other third-party payment processor available on DarnGoodCovers.com, to begin work on the project. Upon approval of final design, DarnGoodCovers.com will send an invoice via Paypal for the remaining fee, due upon receipt. During the design process, mock-ups and drafts will be sent to the Client in low-resolution, watermarked files. Client agrees not to share unfinished design on public forums, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
DarnGoodCovers.com will not release finished files to the client until final payment has been received. The final payment is also final approval of the project, and this contract will be considered fulfilled and thus, terminated. Finished files will be delivered via email after full payment has been received.
- Either DarnGoodCovers.com or the Client may terminate the project. Notice must be given by email.
- If Client cancels the project before work has started, no further expenses will be owed and the downpayment deposit can be refunded. If work has begun on the project, the downpayment deposit is defaulted to DarnGoodCovers.com and is not eligible for a refund, but the remaining balance for the project will not be owed.
- In the event that DarnGoodCovers.com cancels the project before the work has started, the Client will receive a full refund of any payments already received. If work has begun on the project, no further expenses will be owed.
- If cover is not approved within 7 days of final proof being delivered, the project will be considered terminated and the remaining balance will be due.
- If the project is terminated for any reason, the files stay with DarnGoodCovers.com to be used or discarded at DarnGoodCovers.com’s discretion.
- Client agrees DarnGoodCovers.com is not liable for damages of any kind, including loss of revenues, profits, business, reputation, or data, in any way related to her services.
- Client agrees DarnGoodCovers.com is not responsible for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or inaccuracies once the design has been approved.
- Client agrees DarnGoodCovers.com is not responsible for missed deadlines due to Client’s request for additional changes.
- Client acknowledges that estimated delivery dates may change at any time due to illness, family emergency, act of nature, etc. DarnGoodCovers.com will make a good faith effort to contact the Client via email in order to agree upon a new project completion date.
Code of Fair Practice
DarnGoodCovers.com acknowledges that to the best of its knowledge, the work prepared is an original creation and has not been previously published and/or consent to use has been obtained on an unlimited basis.
Acceptance of Terms
Payment and acceptance of payment constitutes agreement of these terms and conditions.